WE DO IT RIGHT
The Campaign for Justice is the legal community’s success--what we do right. But so is the Katahdin Council and the hundreds of attorneys who give thousands of hours in pro bono services each year.
How does that translate? Our providers have served as regional and national role models. They win awards. They do not work in isolation but in daily collaboration. Our attorneys sit on national panels about access to justice issues. Our judiciary system restructures constantly to help more. Maine leads. In 2015, celebrate all we do right and help expand that success.
“I wanted to say thank you to the lawyer who helped us yesterday in Court Room #2. My daughter was there to get a protection from abuse order against an individual who had caused her a great deal of mental and physical abuse. We had never been through anything like that and had no idea what to expect. If a team had not been in place to help, I don’t know how we would have gotten through it. Maybe when you see so much of this it may not seem as monumental as it really was. I think the compassion and professionalism displayed by everyone involved with the VLP was absolutely incredible. There are no words that express our most sincere gratitude for everyone who stood by and supported my daughter. You gave her back her life and future. As a mother I can see no greater gift you could have offered.”—Mother of VLP Client
“One thing that struck me ten years ago when I came to Maine is how there was such community among legal service providers. It was amazing how collaborative they were, with common goals and values. It was unique. I hadn’t seen that in major markets or other settings. It is impressive.”
--Dean Peter Pitegoff,
University of Maine School of Law
Forgot to make a gift in 2014? Make one for 2015 and double your impact. A generous donor has offered to match any gift from someone who did not give in 2014 until we reach $10,000.
As of 11/24/15 we have matched $3,953.
1) Deepen your acquaintance with Maine’s legal aid providers.
2) Familiarize yourself with the depth of the legal aid resources the Campaign for Justice supports.
3) Relish the national recognition and excellence of our award-winning providers.
4) Thank and encourage those you know who do pro bono work.
5) Attend the Katahdin Council induction.
6) Consider volunteering for pro bono work or for the Campaign for Justice.
7) Give generously of your time and your knowledge to promote Maine legal aid.
8) Give generously to the Campaign for Justice